UA-46001547-1

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Cucumber Collins

A Tom Collins is a classic highball made of gin, syrup, citrus and club soda. I like them ok but never desire them or make them. I saw a few different versions of this Collins using muddled cukes and thought eating vegetables along with my cocktails seemed like a good idea.


Cucumber Collins

2 oz gin
5 slices cuke (1/2 of the small cucumber i used)
1 Tbl sugar
1 oz lemon or lime
club soda to fill


Muddle cuke slices with sugar. Add lemon and gin and ice. Stir and strain into a collins glass with ice and fresh cucumber slices.
(The cucumber I grew was yellow). I made another one with lime juice and it was much better. Perhaps it's just more like gin and tonic, but it seems like the lime and cucumber pair particularly well in a cocktail...


No comments:

Post a Comment